Please be informed that the 34th CFA Society Singapore Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held virtually on 23rd November 2020 at 6:30pm (SGT).
We look forward to reporting the Society’s milestones and achievements for the 18-month period ending June 2020 and as well as to share our new initiatives planned for 2021 and beyond.
While it has been a challenging 2020, we remain committed to supporting our members and remain steadfast in our mission in setting the highest standards in ethics, education and professional excellence in the investment management industry.
Please register below and if you have any questions with the AGM and its agenda (with regards to the attached documents), please write to us at [email protected]
Thank you and we look forward to your continued support!
PROGRAMME AGENDA ON 23RD NOVEMBER 2020
6:00pm – Registration
6:30pm – 34th Annual General Meeting
8:00pm – End of Session
1. To confirm and adopt the Minutes of the 33rd Annual General Meeting convened on 29 May 2019.
3. To propose and approve CFA Society Singapore Constitutional Amendments.
4. To elect up to 3 Board Members for a 2-year term: 2020 – 2022 (Profile of Nominees)
5. To appoint CFA Society Singapore auditors.
6. To transact such other business as may be properly transacted at an ordinary general meeting.
For and on behalf of the Board,
Rasik S. Ahuja, CFA
Date: 2nd November 2020
Due to restrictions of COVID-19, members will not be able to attend the AGM in person.
1. In accordance with COVID-19 Temporary Measure Order which was issued on 27th April 2020, and amended on 29th September 2020, members may participate in the AGM by: –
- Observing and/or listening to the proceedings via live audio-visual broadcast.
- Submitting questions pertaining to the Agenda items as set in this Notice of AGM at [email protected] by 5:00pm (SGT), 9th November 2020.
- Appointing the Chairman of the meeting as Proxy to vote on to the Agenda items as set in this Notice of AGM in advance of the AGM.
- Voting for Agenda items as set in this Notice of AGM via Proxy Form. Proxy forms will be sent to members by 16th November 2020.
2. Pre-registration to attend the live audio-visual proceedings of the AGM webcast is required. Please register by latest 16th November 2020.
3. Members who wish to receive the notice and meeting papers via ordinary mail should contact [email protected] or call 6323-6679.
4. Nominees for Board Election shall be recommended by the Nominating Committee subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Any Regular Member may submit additional written nominations (via attached prescribed Nomination Form) for the Board if:
c) documents supporting both a) and b) are submitted to the CFA Society Singapore secretariat at [email protected] at least 14 days before the Annual General Meeting by 5:00pm (SGT), 9th November 2020.
QUESTIONS SUBMITTED AHEAD OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
1. From Ting Wang: What’s the value of CFA Society Singapore membership on top of being a member of CFA Institute?
CFA Society Singapore Response: CFA Society Singapore is one of the most vibrant and active CFA societies in the world. Every year, we organise more than 90 member events ranging from professional learning, career development, mentoring, networking, conferences, seminars, executive workshops, etc. (please click here for our annual report to see the suite of programming that we organised). Most of our events are either complimentary or highly subsidised. With an annual membership due of USD50, CFA Society Singapore membership is one of the lowest in the world.
2. From Matthew Lee: What is the board’s plan to improve member’s access to relevant events in FY2021?
CFA Society Singapore Response: We are hopeful that as Singapore eases social distancing measures, we will be able to resume in-person events next year. In the meantime, with the current restrictions in place, we will continue to organise member events on a virtual basis.