Inspiring the investment community
CFA SOCIETY SINGAPORE
University Outreach Committee
Simon Ng, CFA
Jack Wang, CFA
The University Outreach Committee was established by CFA Society Singapore in 2007. Its role, as its name implies, is to reach out to Singapore’s academic institutions of higher learning and act as a bridge for the set of next generation of leaders in the financial industry and facilitate their entry into the CFA programme and the industry.
Mission / Objectives
- To raise the level of awareness and interest in the CFA charter and programmes through active and regular engagements via career talks and CFA information sessions;
- To actively promote and organize the Investment Research Challenge with local universities, especially with universities under the CFA Program Partners or University Recognition Program;
- To administer the Society’s bursary, gold medal/book prize and scholarship programmes;
- To be one of the liaisons between the Society and Academia; and
- To improve understanding of the financial industry and share practical knowledge with members and university students through organizing industry talks by leading financial professionals.
The Committee will focus on initiatives falling within the above criteria and arrange events and opportunities for members to participate as guest speakers, panelists, mentors, and judges.
Scope / Processes
The Committee may invite individuals as working group members as needed, independent of Committee membership.