CFA Society Singapore
IBF Accredited Programme
As an accredited IBF training provider, CFA Society Singapore developed various IBF accredited programmes for the investment management industry since 2009. In October 2016, CFA Society Singapore appointed Kaplan Higher Education Academy to be the exclusive training provider for the CFA Singapore-IBF Accredited Programme (Level 1, 2 and 3). The programme is accredited under the Institute of Banking and Finance Singapore Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS).
CFA Exam levels
CFA Level 1
CFA Level 2
CFA Level 3
Name of course
CFA Singapore Level 1 Preparatory Programme
CFA Singapore Level 2 Preparatory Programme
CFA Singapore Level 3 Preparatory Programme
Name of course
CFA Singapore Fund Management Programme (IBF Level 1)
CFA Singapore Research Programme (IBF Level 2/3)
CFA Singapore Portfolio Management Programme (IBF Level 2/3)
Key learning objectives
· Demonstrate knowledge of the various investments products
· Understand key microeconomic topics
· Conduct research on current conditions and future prospects of a given sector of the economy
· Understand general principles of the financial services industry
· Evaluate financial health of companies through financial reports (ie. income, cash flow, etc.)
Conduct economic, industry and sectoral research
· Perform pro forma analysis to determine value of investment products
· Valuate investment price based on historical and pro forma data
· Provide research-driven investment recommendations
· Acquire and apply financial services industry product and knowledge
· Comply with financial services industry legislations, regulations and industry codes of practices
· Formulate portfolio strategy
· Allocate assets based on portfolio strategy
· Manage portfolio to achieve objectives
· Identify, report and mitigate portfolio risks
· Identify specific portfolio performance factors
· Apply attribution analysis methods such as Multi-Factor, Style and Return Decomposition Analysis
IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS)
Who is eligible?
Non Company-sponsored participants are required to be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents physically based in Singapore.
Company-Sponsored participants are required to be Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents, physically based in Singapore and staff of Singapore-based financial sector entities being sponsored for the programmes.
Reimbursement of fund is subject to assessment and meeting minimum attendance requirements.
Duration of each assessment ranges from 1.5 hours to 3 hours, and number of assessments are at the discretion of Kaplan Higher Education Academy Learning Institute and CFA Society Singapore
About IBF Standards
IBF Certification Process
Successful applicants will be awarded an IBF Certificate carrying a corresponding Certification Title – IBF Qualified and IBF Advanced.
This Certification Title describes its holder as a new entrant who is equipped with broad-based capabilities and foundation competencies to be ready to undertake new roles. It is certified via IBF Level 1 Programmes.
This Certification Title describes its holder as an experienced practitioner who has acquired applied knowledge and complex analytical skills for specialists or supervisory function. It can be certified via IBF Level 2 and/or Level 3 Programmes coupled with 3-15 years of experience.
For more information on our programs with Kaplan Higher Education Academy Learning Institute, please contact us at:
+65 6411 4334
Whatsapp or SMS
Saturday: 9am – 3pm
(Closed on Sun & Public Holidays)