2020 CFA Society Singapore Ethics Challenge
About the CFA Society Singapore Ethics Challenge
CFA Society Singapore is organizing the third University Ethics Challenge. Undergraduates will be introduced a new approach to ethics pedagogy through experiential learning.
The CFA Society Singapore University Ethics Challenge embodies the mission of CFA Institute by promoting “the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence.” In addition, it focuses on many of the elements of CFA Institute’s Future of Finance initiative. Equally as important, it helps prepare those entering the investment profession for the ethical challenges that they will face in the workplace.
How It Works
Each team shall consist of THREE members. Diversity in team members from the same university is highly encouraged.
The Ethics Challenge comprises three segments: Kickoff Meeting (where we provide guidance and training), Singapore Final and APAC Regional Final . Competing teams are given a case study and tasked to identify and analyse the ethical issues. They are then tasked to resolve these issues.
Teams are judged based on their recommended course of action and their ability to identify and analyse dilemmas and violations to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics & Standards of Professional Conduct.
Benefits of Participation
- Increase awareness of real-world ethical dilemmas and prepares students for how to handle them, particularly during internship, scholarship and job position interviews as Singapore firms are increasing examining ethical issues in their evaluation of candidates.
- Improves student presentation and teamwork skills.
- Positive public relations and brand exposure for university.
- Augments classroom learning by combining theory and practice.
- Provides professional networking opportunities for students and faculty.
- Demonstrates the importance of strong ethics to tomorrow’s professionals.
- Read more about: CFA Insitute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct
- Read more about: Ethical Decision Making Program and Framework
- View latest Insights: CFA Society Singapore Insights
What is CFA Society Singapore Ethics Challenge?
Listen to what the Winning Team of 2019, The Whistleblowers from NUS have to say:
Listen to what students who participated in the Challenge have to say about their experience:
Listen to what the judges have to say about the competition:
Email us at [email protected] cfasocietysingapore.org
2020 UNIVERSITY ETHICS CHALLENGE TIMELINE
[Virtual] Kickoff Meeting
(Online via Zoom between 9am to 12pm)
Closes on 20 September (12:00)
23 September (08:00)
1st Case Release
25 September (08:00)
Submission of 1st Case Presentation
[Virtual] Ethic Challenge Singapore Finals
(Announcement of Final 2 Teams to be advanced to APAC Regional Finals)
2nd Case Release
Submission of 2nd Case Presentation
[Virtual] Ethics Challenge APAC Regional Final
CONGRATULATIONS to the winning team of the University Ethics Challenge 2019, The Whistleblowers from National University of Singapore!