Here’s what you will need to apply for Regular Membership
A bachelor's degree or equivalent education/work experience
at least 4,000 hours (over a period of not less than 36 months) of experience in investment decision making
2 professional references, if one is an active regular member of the local society to which you are applying OR 3 professional references, if none of them is an active regular member of the local society to which you are applying.
Local CFA Society membership. (CFA Society membership is strongly encouraged.) Join CFA Society Singapore.
Our membership year is 01 July to 30 June. CFA Society Singapore fees are due in US dollars at the same time as your CFA Institute’s membership fees. Both fees are paid via your CFA Institute account.
The current annual membership fees are:
01 July to 30 June
CFA Society Singapore
JOIN US TODAY
For the complete requirements, please refer to the CFA Institute website on Membership.
Review Our Work Experience Guidelines
If you have questions regarding CFA Society Singapore membership, please contact the Society by phone at 65-6323-6679 or by email at [email protected]
To enroll in the CFA® Program and register for your first Level I exam, you must have:
- An international travel passport (read the ID policy) and
- One of the following:
– Undergraduate education: A bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree or be in the final year of your bachelor’s degree program (you must have completed your bachelor’s degree program in order to register for the Level II exam), or
– Work experience: Four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related), or
– A combination of professional work experience and education that totals at least four years (part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment).
Register for An Exam
Ready to register for the CFA exam? If you are registering for the Level I exam for the first time, you must enroll in CFA Program as part of exam registration.
Looking to Renew your Regular Membership?
Review of Applications for Membership
The Board shall have the right to review all applications for membership in the Society. In the event of disagreement concerning administration of regular membership requirements, the Society shall have the right to appeal to the CFA Institute Board of Governors. The Board of Governors, or a designated committee thereof, shall have the authority to make final determinations on the application of regular membership provisions.
Maintaining Membership Status
- Adhere to all applicable rules and regulations, including the Society Bylaws, the CFA Institute Articles & Bylaws, the Code & Standards, and other rules relating to professional conduct;
- Annually file a Professional Conduct Statement, unless excused as a recognized “Retired” Member;
- Pay membership dues.
Membership List and Member Records
The Secretary shall keep a list of and make available to CFA Institute the names and addresses of all members of the society and such other records and information relating thereto as the Board shall determine. The Board shall preserve its records and the records of its committees, with respect to each applicant and member, for such period as the Board may determine.
How to Become a CFA Charterholder
Work Experience Self Assessment
CFA Institute members are accomplished professionals with at least 48 months of experience in investment decision making that meets our work experience guidelines.
We invite you to take this self-assessment to find out if your experience qualifies. Answer the questions for each position you have held, even if they were held at the same company. Think about the majority of your duties as you answer.
This self-assessment is a guide; answers you provide do not guarantee you will be accepted for membership. If you have questions about your results or the membership process, please contact us.