Are You Retired or Temporarily Unemployed?
Becoming a Retired Member
To qualify to become a “Retired” Member of the Society, each such individual shall
- At the time of application for retired status, be a member of the Society;
- Have been a member of CFA Institute for five years;
- No longer be substantially engaged in the Investment Decision-Making Process for compensation;
- Agree to the following:
- To notify CFA Institute if retirement status changes; and
- To waive the right to be guaranteed a transfer of membership to another society.
Retired membership includes access to all member benefits at a reduced dues rate of US$100 (CFA Institute). Society dues remain the same at US$50. If you meet the requirements for retired status as outlined on the retirement form (PDF), complete and submit the form to us.
If your situation has changed or you no longer qualify for retired status, simply log into your account to unretire your membership.